Sport Manchester United transfer news LIVE Fred Shakhtar latest and mufc news Man Utd continue to be linked with a move for Shakhtar midfielder Fred in the 2018 summer transfer window. Share Click to play Tap to play The video will start in 8 Cancel Play now
Manchester United transfer news continues to be dominated by a transfer deal which would see Shakhtar midfielder Fred join the club ahead of the World Cup.
Manager Jose Mourinho looks poised to complete a move for the midfielder, however the 25-year-old insists his concentration is on international duty.
“There have been some advanced talks since January, when I almost went to Man City,” he said. “Soon after City, United talked to Shakhtar and my agents. And today, if I’m not mistaken, there is very strong interest from United.
“My head is in the World Cup. I try to do my work in the field and leave the rest for [agent] Gilberto Silva. My staff are looking at what is best for me. Who knows after the World Cup I can make the best choice for me.”
Stick with us as we bring you all the latest transfer rumours and news live. 09:31 The 11 United players going to Russia
Nemanja Matic was the final Manchester United player to receive the good news that he will be going to the World Cup this summer.
He was named in Serbia’s provisional 26-man squad on Thursday and will, fitness permitting, certainly make manager Mladen Krstajic’s final 23.
Switzerland manager Vladimir Petkovic is the only national manager not yet to have named at least a provisional squad, and with United not having any Swiss players in their ranks, it is now known how many of Jose Mourinho’s players will be going to Russia.
Man City transfer news LIVE Riyad Mahrez updates and Neymar news Manchester City are looking to complete the business early in the 2018 summer transfer window. Share Click to play Tap to play The video will start in 8 Cancel Play now
Manchester City are looking to make their first signing of the summer transfer window as Pep Guardiola looks to conclude his business early.
City are keen on moves for Leicester’s Riyad Mahrez and Napoli’s Jorginho and the club are still hoping to conclude deals for both of the players ahead of this summer’s World Cup in Russia.
Guardiola has placed Mahrez above Isco in his bid to strengthen the Blues attack this summer. The Spain international has been a long-term target for the Premier League champions – and is admired by sporting director Txiki Begiristain, however the Catalan manager is keen to look elsewhere.
In terms of a deal for Jorginho, City have an added incentive to tie up the signing of the Italian midfielder quickly to avoid any chance of Chelsea pipping them.
Stick with us as we bring you all the news, reaction and transfer rumours LIVE. Key Events Neymar: I want to play for Guardiola
These quotes from Neymar might just get Blues fans excited.
The PSG star has again made it clear that he wants to play under Pep Guardiola.
Speaking from Brazil’s training camp ahead of the World Cup, he told ESPN Brasil:
“I have always wanted to work with Guardiola. He’s different. I arrived [at Barcelona] a year after he left. I’d love to work with him.” Could these two link up at City one day? 16:22 City ‘set Hart price tag’
City are willing to let goalkeeper Joe Hart leave the club for just £5million this summer, according to The Times.
The England stopper has just one year left on his contract at the Etihad. 15:01 Silva’s new tattoo
David Silva has been inked with a new tattoo which features an image of his son Mateo.
Silva spent a lot of time back in Spain during the second half of the season after Mateo was born prematurely in December.
The youngster was in hospital for a lengthy mount of time following his birth but was finally allowed home earlier this month. 13:24 City youngster nearing Eredivisie switch
City full-back Angelino is closing in on a summer transfer to PSV Eindhoven, according to reports in Holland.
It is claimed that City are willing to accept a transfer fee of five million euros for the 21-year-old.
Angelino, who has a year left to run on his City contract, spent this season on loan at NAC Breda. Angelino is reportedly set to leave City this summer (Image: Andy Lambert/MEN) 12:35
On this day in 2017 City wrapped up the signing of Bernardo Silva from Monaco. 11:56 Young goalkeeper leaves City
Goalkeeper Pawel Sokol has left Manchester City after two years with the club.
The 18-year-old confirmed his return to Korona Kielce, the club from which he joined City in 2016, in an Instagram post. 10:39 Roberts praises Celtic after City return
Patrick Roberts has had some kinds words to say about Celtic after his two-and-half-year loan spell came to and end and he returned to City.
He told Celtic’s website:
“I’ve had a good two-and-a-half years here. I’ve enjoyed it, I’ve won trophies, I’ve met a lot of good people and I’ve loved every minute of it.
“It’s obviously sad that my time here has come to an end but everything comes to an end and I have a lot of really good memories of playing here. The success this season has been incredible and I’m happy that the Celtic fans have had that, because they’ve been amazing.” Patrick Roberts is back at City after a lengthy loan spell in Glasgow 10:22 West Ham and Marseille in for Yaya
It is claimed by GFFN that Marseille and West Ham are both interested in signing Yaya Toure.
The Ivorian midfielder’s eight-year spell at City is at an end after the club opted against extending his contract.
However, Marseille are said to be unlikely to be able to meet the player’s wage demands. West Ham and Marseille are two clubs being linked with Yaya Toure 09:29 City ‘make Douglas Costa enquiry’
City manager Pep Guardiola wants to sign Douglas Costa, according to a report in Italy.
Calciomercato say City are ready to pay 80 million euros for the Brazilian attacker.
However, a deal sounds unlikely with the report also claiming Costa will make his loan move to Juventus from Bayern permanent this summer.
The 27-year-old spent last season on loan in Turin, scoring four goals and notching 13 assists in 31 Serie A appearances. Trying to keep Douglas Costa away from the Etihad like ⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️ James Robson City’s stance on Isco confirmed
Pep Guardiola has placed Riyad Mahrez above Isco in his bid to strengthen Manchester City’s attack this summer.
Isco has been a long-time target for the Premier League champions – and is particularly admired by City’s sporting director Txiki Begiristain. But Guardiola believes Mahrez better suits his requirements this summer as he looks to improve his options up front.
The Catalan wants to complete a deal worth around £60m for the Leicester winger before the World Cup – and is expecting to have him as part of his squad for the club’s tour of the US in July.
Chelsea news: Eden Hazard identifies Maurizio Sarri as perfect replacement for Antonio Conte | Metro News
Sergio Ramos slammed for laughing as Mohamed Salah left pitch with injury
Following Chelsea’s FA Cup win over Manchester United, Conte issued an ultimatum to the board and said that he was unwilling to change his approach.
Sarri, who left Napoli earlier in the month, is the favourite to replace Conte and is said to be in talks over signing a two-year deal with the west London club. Advertisement Advertisement
The 59-year-old impressed in his three-year stint in Naples and already has some admirers in the Chelsea dressing room, according to La Gazzetta dello Sport. Sarri spent three productive years at Napoli (Picture: Getty) Antonio Conte is expected to leave despite winning the FA Cup (Picture: Getty)
It is claimed Hazard, one of Chelsea’s most important and influential players, is pushing for Sarri’s arrival at Stamford Bridge after being encouraged by praise from his Belgium teammate Dries Mertens.
While Sarri is expected to be named Chelsea’s next manager, reports suggest the Italian will not bring his coaching staff from Napoli to west London.
On Friday, it was reported that Sarri would ask Chelsea to sign a number of Napoli players if he did take over from Conte.
Elseid Hysaj, Raul Albiol, Piotr Zielinski and Kalidou Koulibaly were all raised as potential targets for Sarri.
Re: Faces of the News: Agot Isidro
Illustration by Rene Elevera
Of the six possible candidates named by Sen. Francis Pangilinan as being considered to form part of a “Resistance” coalition in the 2019 senatorial elections, Agot Isidro’s name stood out.
Said Pangilinan, when asked to elaborate on the choices by ANC “Headstart” host Karen Davila: “In one of those meetings [we had] on issues affecting the country, we asked [Agot] if she was open [to the idea of being drafted]. She was hesitant. But then we said we need more women to step up. And she said, ‘OK, you can consider it, but let me think about it also.’ So we’re still convincing her.”
Isidro “would be a good fit for the Senate as a representative of the arts and culture sector,” Pangilinan said of the movie and TV actress who holds a Master’s degree in Communication from Ateneo. ADVERTISEMENT
The outspoken Isidro went viral when she described President Rodrigo Duterte as a “psychopath.”
Irish abortion referendum: ‘We made history’ – News
Video Irish abortion referendum: ‘We made history’ The Republic of Ireland has voted overwhelmingly to overturn the abortion ban by 66.4% to 33.6%.
Currently, abortion is only allowed when a woman’s life is at risk, but not in cases of rape, incest or fatal foetal abnormality.
Here’s how people on the streets of Ireland reacted to the vote.
26 May 2018