Manchester City transfer news LIVE Riyad Mahrez updates and Neymar news

Manchester City transfer news LIVE Riyad Mahrez updates and Neymar news

Sport Manchester City transfer news LIVE Riyad Mahrez latest and Gareth Bale updates Man City manager Pep Guardiola continues his preparations for next season but who will they sign in the summer transfer window?
Manchester City will be looking to get their transfer priorities sorted as they plan for next season.
The club football calendar is officially done for another year after Real Madrid’s defeat of Liverpool – which has a knock-on effect for Pep Guardiola’s side in next year’s Champions League.
The last Premier League team was also confirmed at the weekend when Fulham beat Aston Villa in the Championship play-off final.
City want to add to their title-winning squad and Jorginho and Riyad Mahrez have been identified as priority signings . While the sooner players can be brought in the better, neither of those two will be at the World Cup this summer.
The Blues have also been given hope over Kylian Mbappe, who made such a striking impression on Guardiola when he helped Monaco to the Champions League semi-finals in 2017.
Stick with us as we bring you all the news and transfer reports LIVE. Key Events City’s ‘stance’ on Bale
Manchester City are not interested in rivalling United for Gareth Bale’s signature this summer.
That’s according to this report in The Guardian, anyway, which says the Welshman is not on Pep Guardiola’s radar.
Bale is in the headlines after his post-Champions League final interview, in which he suggested he is willing to leave Real Madrid in search of regular game time.
“I need to be playing week in week out and that hasn’t happened this season for one reason or another,” Bale told BT Sport after the game.
“I had about a five or six week injury at start of season and I have been fit since.
“Obviously now I will have to sit down in the summer and discuss it with my agent and take it from there.” Gareth Bale is reportedly not on City’s radar 16:50 16:00 The latest from City’s World Cup stars
Germany’s Leroy Sane and France’s Benjamin Mendy have been in social media action over the last couple of hours as they continue their preparations for the World Cup.
Meanwhile Aymeric Laporte, who isn’t in France’s squad for the tournament, has tweeted a picture of him with a birthday cake. He turned 24 on Sunday. 15:13 Stuart Brennan City keen on Mbappe
Manchester City are ready to compete for Kylian Mbappe if Paris St Germain are forced to abort their plan to sign him this summer.
With Uefa apparently ready to hit the French giants with a financial fair play (FFP) charge, there are serious doubts over whether they can afford the projected £127million initial outlay for the 19-year-old striker.
The suggestion is that PSG will have to either abandon their plan to sign on-loan Mbappe, or sell Brazil superstar Neymar this summer.
City are in the market for a top attacker, and would be more interested in Mbappe than Neymar. 14:21 Arteta a candidate for La Liga manager’s job
Mikel Arteta is reported to be in the frame for the manager’s job at Girona.
The City coach was expected to be named as Arsene Wenger’s replacement at Arsenal earlier this month but the Gunners performed a dramatic U-turn and appointed Unai Emery instead.
Now SPORT are saying that Girona, who are part-owned by the City Football Group, are eyeing Arteta.
However, it is claimed that he will only get the job if Domenec Torrent, Guardiola’s right-hand man at City, decides he doesn’t want it.
Either way, City could be losing a member of their coaching staff to Girona this summer. Mikel Arteta could be off to Girona 13:41 City ‘to hold talks with Galatasaray’ over transfer
City defender Jason Denayer could make his move to Galatasaray permanent in the coming weeks.
A report by Turkish-Football says the two clubs will hold talks next week in an attempt to thrash out a deal.
Denayer spent the 2017-18 season on loan at Gala, helping the club to the Super Lig title. Jason Denayer (right) looks set to leave City permanently 13:14 KEY EVENT Pep: Sarri “one of the strongest ever”
Former Napoli manager Maurizio Sarri is reportedly close to replacing Antonio Conte at Chelsea and Pep Guardiola is a big fan of the 59-year-old.
Napoli and City served up two thrilling group-stage games in the Champions League earlier in the season, with City narrowly coming out on top in both.
Despite Sarri’s failure to win a trophy during his managerial career, Guardiola is a huge admirer.
“He is one of the strongest ever,” Guardiola said, speaking to RMC Sport Network over the weekend.
“We judge on what we’ve won, but the football shown by Napoli this season is a toast to the sun. He did very well. To see Napoli play is a show, a pleasure.” Mutual respect: Sarri and Guardiola 12:31 City and United ‘fail with bids for Inter defender’
City and United are both reported to have been knocked back with bids of €60million for Inter Milan defender Milan Skriniar.
The 23-year-old joined Inter from Sampdoria last summer and impressed in his debut season as Inter sealed a top-four finish and a return to the Champions League for the first time in seven years.
It is claimed by Corriere dello Sport that City and United were hopeful of taking advantage of Inter’s Financial Fair Play plight, with the club needing to raise around €40million before the end of May to avoid Uefa sanctions.
However, Inter are said to have stood firm and are determined to keep hold of Skriniar. Going nowhere: Skriniar 12:04 Walker’s birthday tweet
The City right-back turns 28 today – and he’s tweeted this picture of himself alongside Kieron Dyer, who, oddly, Walker claims was his favourite player when he was growing up (we don’t believe you, Kyle).
John Stones and Phil Foden are also celebrating their birthdays today, as they turn 24 and 18 respectively. 11:24 Guardiola reveals Serie A favourite
In an interview with Italian outlet RMC Sport Network this weekend, Pep Guardiola was asked which Serie A player he would most like to join him at City.
Interestingly, the Spaniard plumped for AC Milan defender Leonardo Bonucci over Napoli midfielder Jorginho, who City are expected to sign in the coming weeks.
“In every league there are good players… maybe (Leonardo) Bonucci, but he is tied to Milan,” Guardiola said.
“I don’t want to answer questions about the transfer market.”
In 2016 Guardiola described Bonucci as “one of my favourite ever players” after his Bayern side had knocked Bonucci’s Juventus out of the Champions League.
A Calciomercato report from yesterday said Bonucci will be allowed to leave Milan if an impending Financial Fair Play sanction against the club rules them out of playing in next season’s Europa League. Guardiola is a big fan of AC Milan and Italy defender Leonardo Bonucci Mbappe interest
Some interesting stories around PSG emerging at the weekend. The story behind THAT photo
Kyle Walker’s Princess Parkway dream came true.
“Me and John were saying in the first week of training: ‘Imagine driving down Princess Parkway actually being Premier League champions.
“And we did it. We’re all close, especially the English lads. We all have each other’s backs through good and bad so that was a photo just to say: ‘We’ve done it as friends’.” Good morning
Hello and welcome to today’s City blog. More On

Read More…

Roman Abramovich ‘granted Israeli citizenship’ | World news

Roman Abramovich , the billionaire owner of Chelsea football club, has been granted Israeli citizenship and will move to Tel Aviv, an Israeli government spokesperson has said.
Abramovich had faced unusually long delays in renewing his UK visa, which had expired, sources told the Reuters news agency. The British government has declined to comment on his case.
Israel ’s interior ministry confirmed the offer of citizenship on a local television station on Monday. “Roman Abramovich arrived at the Israeli embassy in Moscow like any other person,” an Israeli government spokesperson told Channel 10 . “He filed a request to receive an immigration permit, his documents were checked according to the law of return, and he was indeed found eligible.”
Abramovich’s spokesman did not respond to a request for comment.
According to the Ynet website, which belongs to Israel’s biggest selling daily newspaper, Yedioth Aharonoth, Abramovich flew to Tel Aviv on Monday and received documents confirming his status as an Israeli citizen. He has reportedly bought a property in the city.
How Russia’s rich elite spend their billions in London Read more
Israel grants citizenship to any Jewish person wishing to move there and a passport can be issued immediately. Israeli passport holders can enter the UK without a visa for short stays, although they require visas to work.
Abramovich, who is Jewish and has been a regular visitor to Israel, has donated millions to Israeli research and development projects and invested in local firms . Ynet said he had bought a former hotel in Tel Aviv, on the Mediterranean coast.
Israel’s media has speculated for days that the businessman was seeking citizenship. The Times of Israel said Abramovich would be exempt from paying tax in Israel for 10 years and would not need to explain the sources of his wealth in that time. Worth £8.6bn, according to Forbes magazine, Abramovich would instantly become the richest Israeli.
It is believed the British government would have required some financial disclosures if Abramovich’s UK visa was to be renewed.
There have also been suggestions that Abramovich fell foul of tighter regulations imposed in 2015. His failure to secure a new tier 1 visa, which allows anyone who invests more than £2m in the British economy to stay for 40 months, comes at a time of heightened tensions between the Russian and UK governments.
Relations have been strained since the poisoning of the former Russian double agent Sergei Skripal and his daughter Yulia in Salisbury in March, an act Britain has blamed on Russia but in which the Kremlin denies any involvement.
Skripal case: Salisbury tries to return to business as usual Read more
The UK’s foreign secretary, Boris Johnson , hinted last week that the UK could take action against Russian oligarchs in the wake of the poisoning of the Skripals.
Johnson said it would be “totally wrong” to discuss the case of Abramovich, who is a friend of Vladimir Putin . But he added: “There is a broader question about what the UK can do to crack down on people close to Putin who may have illicit or ill-gotten wealth. As you know, we have statute that allows us to use unexplained wealth orders against them, but we live under the rule of law so whatever happens must be done in accordance with the rules and the law.”
Johnson added that the more stringent approach to Russian oligarchs adopted by the US had been effective. He said: “The truth is actually that I think the effect of some of those sanctions, particularly on some individuals, has been very marked and I’ve noted that, but we have our own systems and our own approach and we have to do it in accordance with the law and accordance with the evidence.”
Russian oligarchs fight mine battle in London court Read more
There is no suggestion that Abramovich has been involved in any wrongdoing.
The Russian foreign ministry had criticised the British government over the delays in his visa application process, saying: “It’s obvious that, for the British government, both visas and the regulation of the media sphere are instruments of politics.”
Last week, Roman Borisovich, a Russian anti-corruption campaigner , said the Russian ambassador to the UK’s suggestion that oligarchs who had similar problems could take their cases to court was unlikely.
“The last thing these guys want is to have a public hearing in the UK. They would have to answer questions like ‘how did you make your money’ and ‘are you the real owner of your assets’? Plus ‘are you a conduit for the Russian regime or an instrument for meddling in other countries?’”
Topics Roman Abramovich Chelsea Immigration and asylum Israel Middle East and North Africa news

Read More…

Retired English teacher corrects Trump-signed letter, gives it near-failing grade – AOL News

Stay in the loop! Get breaking news alerts on your desktop. Notify Me When prompted, click “Allow” you can always change your mind later. news

Read More…

Edmonton man builds apocalypse-ready ‘Tankentruck’ News

Randy Thibeault is confident his truck could survive the apocalypse.
Lovingly named Tankentruck, the big black-and-neon rig roars and sputters like a race car, and looks like it drove straight off the set of Maximum Overdrive.
The modified truck was inspired by Thibeault’s love of the man-against-machine Stephen King classic, and other dystopian films where steel and chrome loom large.
He said his mean ride would win a battle against the zombie-proof tanks of the Walking Dead series, and the desert war machines of Mad Max.
Zombie study shows Alberta Rockies are best place to survive
“Once I’m in the truck, have fun knocking me off, because I’ll run over everything,” Thibeault said with a chuckle. Randy Thibeault has been working on his camper-truck contraption for nearly a decade.
“I think I would take them both on at the same time.”
The truck is built from an old farm pickup equipped with a flatbed camper. But its other modifications are unusual.
The interior is wired with more than 60 electrical plugs for Thibeault’s power tools. The exterior has been clad with matte black, menacing neon-green and macabre knick-knacks like skulls. It runs on a full-power racing engine.
“Sometimes people look at it like it’s a piece of junk,” he said. “I get one per cent like that. And other people want to take pictures.”
‘I keep adding pieces’
The Edmonton man has spent thousands of dollars, and more than eight years, working on various iterations his design. The first version was ripped apart in the 1987 tornado. Others were scrapped because they just didn’t look right.
Is the pickup truck Alberta’s unofficial-official vehicle? Thibeault used a modelling program at the Edmonton Public Library’s Makerspace to come up with his latest blueprints.
“I keep adding pieces to it, because I know what I want to do with it,” Thibeault said.
“I need a tool box but I also need a camper, and between the two I had to figure it out. It’s more of a toolbox than it is a camper.”
‘Beefing the truck right up’ While Thibeault is confident his truck could withstand the end of the world, it can only drive for about three kilometres before the engine sputters out. He used a modelling program at the Edmonton Public Library’s Makerspace to come up with his latest blueprints. (Randy Thibeault)
The rig is currently parked near his home in north Edmonton, but he wants to get it fully road-ready for a cross-country trip.
“Another eight grand or another ten grand, anywhere in there will suit me fine,” he said.
After eight years spending his summers as a landscaper and excavator driver in Fort McMurray, he’s ready to ease up the throttle on his working life.
“I’m going home. I’m going to be 57 here next month and I’m done,” Thibeault said.
“That’s why I’m beefing the truck right up. I’m putting heavy-duty springs on it. I’ve got to find a gas tank. I need 163 gallons to go home, back to Ontario.
“It’s one trip. It’s four days, and I’m going to take it easy.”
About the Author Wallis Snowdon
Journalist
Wallis Snowdon is a digital journalist with CBC Edmonton. She has nearly a decade of experience reporting behind her. Originally from New Brunswick, her journalism career has taken her from Nova Scotia to Fort McMurray. Share your stories with Wallis at wallis.snowdon@cbc.ca
CBC’s Journalistic Standards and Practices Report Typo or Error

Read More…

George H.W. Bush hospitalized with low blood pressure and fatigue

George H.W. Bush hospitalized with low blood pressure and fatigue Share this — Latest Stories George H.W. Bush hospitalized with low blood pressure and fatigue The nation’s oldest living president is “awake and alert, and not in any discomfort,” a family spokesman said. by Tim Stelloh / 02:12 Breaking News Emails Get breaking news alerts and special reports. The news and stories that matter, delivered weekday mornings. SUBSCRIBE
Former president George H.W. Bush was hospitalized Sunday with low blood pressure and fatigue, a family spokesman said.
Bush, 93, is “awake and alert, and not in any discomfort,” said the spokesman, Jim McGrath, adding that the nation’s oldest living president will likely remain at Southern Maine Medical Center for a few days.
The hospitalization comes roughly a month after the death of Bush’s wife , Barbara, who was 92.
Bush, who lives in Houston, is in Kennebunkport, Maine, where he has partly spent summers since childhood.
Bush has a rare syndrome that mimics Parkinson’s disease and has been hospitalized repeatedly in recent years for respiratory problems.
Last month, he was admitted to Houston Methodist Hospital after contracting a blood infection. Breaking News Emails Get breaking news alerts and special reports. The news and stories that matter, delivered weekday mornings. SUBSCRIBE Breaking News Emails Get breaking news alerts and special reports. The news and stories that matter, delivered weekday mornings. SUBSCRIBE

Read More…